As the Coronavirus is sweeping across the nation, I thought I’d put out a video and explain how we can all play our part in keeping Reclaim germ free and help limit any risks of contracting or spreading the virus at the gym.
- Don’t come to the gym if you have come into contact with anyone with the virus or if you yourself are experiencing ‘flu’ like symptoms. If this is you, reach out and let us know, we’ll waive the 14-day notice period and pause your membership until your cleared to return.
- Disinfect your hands upon entering the gym. We have provided hand sanitiser right next to the door as you enter from the ramp, in the kitchen above theiPad and in the toilet. Use them as much as you like.
- Bring your towel to the gym to act as a barrier between yourself and the equipment (where possible).
- After each class, everyone is to wipe down all the equipment they have used throughout the workout, with the wipes provided.
- Avoid touch points where possible – Government recommendations are urging that we create social distancing so we’re removing common touch points in the gym. We’re removing the chalk bowls (if you have your own liquid chalk use it), removing the ipad and keyboard for checking-in and logging your workout results. Instead Coaches will check you in and you can log your scores on your mobile phone app. And lastly No fist pumps at the end of class. Sucks I know, but government recommendations are urging social distancing from people and this includes fist pumps.
We’re going to be continuing to clean the gym as usual, 2 hours a day which includes scrubbing floors but we’re upping our efforts by disinfecting all equipment more frequently.
We have a list of events planned over the next couple of months, if circumstances change and we need to cancel any events etc. We will inform everyone straight away via email.
I know a lot of these changes are less than ideal but if everyone contributes and follows these regulations, we will all be doing our part in slowing down the impact of this world wide pandemic.
CrossFit Reclaim team – Sam, Khrissy, Ash, Jesse, Jayden, Tim & Nigel.