Banana Bread Recipe
|Cook time |
|Serves 8 |
305 Calories, 45.7g Carbohydrates, 5.9g Protein, 11.3g Fat
- 1/3 cup (75g) melted coconut oil
- ½ cup (168g) honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225g) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large)
- ¼ cup (56g) milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups (220g) whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5 inch loaf ban.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirl effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (typically, if I haven’t added any mix in’s it needs closer to 60 minutes). Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
Optional – add ½ cup of mix-in’s like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices etc.
Full details of this recipe can be found here: